Animoto.com

Friday, March 20, 2009

Reaching the Unreached!

This blog will contain my occasional writings on the subject of completing the Great Commission. As with all my writings, it will be infrequent and dependant on the prevailing mood! :) However, it should serve well as a record of my thinking on this issue. It should also chart the growth of my understanding on this matter as the Great Commission has not been on the radar screen of my ministry for the first three quarters of my full time ministry life which was mostly spent in a pastoral role.

As of 1 Jan 2008, I resigned from being Senior Pastor for FGA Centre, Penang and launched a new ministry vehicle called the PsALM to focus on local church consultancy work and leadership training with the intent of preparing local churches to adopt unreached people groups in partnership with missions agencies. The PsALM is an acronym for Ps AL (that's me!) and Meng (that is my wife, Meng Eng)! 

In the missions networking role, I am presently the Executive Officer for the Malaysian Center for Global Missions (www.mcgm.net.my) with specific responsibility for its Missions Mobilizing Track and the Malaysian Tent-Making Track. A full plate indeed alongside with the many Train the Trainers courses conducted as Associate Trainer for the John Maxwell's Million Leaders Mandate, a three year leadership curriculum for raising leaders for church planting. In that capacity, I am the Patron for Penang MLM and East Malaysia MLM.

After introducing myself in the various roles I play today, let me end by saying that it has been a steep learning curve but, boy, am I enjoying myself today! Life has been hectic no doubt with frequent traveling but God has been good. My wife, Meng Eng, and I have never felt more alive today than ever before. We feel that we have finally found a life purpose that we can give our lives totally to.

Blessings,
Ps AL 

No comments:

Post a Comment